Cheow Yuen Lin
- Natural Product Chemistry: We isolate and characterise novel bioactive compounds from Malaysian tropical plants and bacteria obtained from tropical peat swamp forest soil.
- Organometallic Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry: We are currently studying the synthesis and structural characterisation of Group 10 Metal N-Heterocyclic Carbene (NHC) complexes and its biological activities.
Yoong Kit Aw, Kuan Shion Ong, Catherine Mary Yule, Yuen Lin Cheow, Learn-Han Lee, Sui Mae Lee (2016). Newly isolated Paenibacillus tyrfis sp. nov., from Malaysian tropical peat swamp soil with broad spectrum antimicrobial activity. Frontiers in Microbiology, 7(219), 1-9. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2016.00219
Yuen Lin Cheow, Sumod A. Pullarkat, Yongxin Li, Pak-Hing Leung (2012). Asymmetric hydroarsination reactions toward synthesis of alcohol functionalised C-chiral As-P ligands promoted by chiral cyclometallated complexes. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 696, 4215-4220.
Sumod A. Pullarkat, Yuen Lin Cheow, Yongxin Li and Pak-Hing Leung (2009). Enantioselective, High-yielding Synthesis of Alcohol-Functionalised Diphosphanes Utilizing Asymettric Control with a Chiral Auxilliary. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2375-2382.
Gwendoline Cheng Lian Ee, Yuen Lin Cheow (2008). Secondary Metabolites from two Garcinia Species and their Biological Acitivities, Asian J. of Chem. Vol 20, 343-351.
G.C.L.Ee, A.S.M.Kua, Y.L Cheow, C.K.Lim, V. Jong and M. Rahmani (2004). A new pyranoxanthone Inophyllin B from Calophyllum inophyllum (Guttiferae). Natural Product Sciences, 2004, 10(2), 220-222.
Natural Product Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry
PhD Students (Present)
- Yong Mei Mun (co-supervision)
- Steven Aw Yoong Kit (co-supervision)
- Nirupam Biswas (co-supervision)
- Ong Kuan Shiong (co-supervision)
- Cheong Siew Loon (co-supervision)
- Yaw Chong Wey (co-supervision)
- Wong Kak Ming (co-supervision)
- Choo Kar Bee (main supervision)
- Carrie Sim Siew Fang (co-supervision)
- Chen Si Hui (co-supervision)
Honours Students (Present)
- Gabrial Ong Ching Shien (co-supervision)
- Mah Wee Li (main-supervision)